Thursday 6 December 2018

Kowhaiwhai for P.E.S

This year as our parting koha for Pt England School we have designed and painted our own kowhaiwhai. These will be mounted permanently as our koha as Year 8 of 2018. I've called my artwork 'Ko Au' - 'Me'. It has symbols that represent my Family, Myself and Also GOD.

The steps I took to produce this are :
1. Practising our Kowhaiwhai
2. Sketching/Drawing Korus
3. Darkening on Wood
4. Painting
5. Outlining product with Black Marker
6. Varnish product

When we were painting our boards we had to be extra careful. Trying not to smudge the paint was hard enough. It has been a fun journey Sketching/Drawing our product to actually painting it. I hope that these paintings will become memories to Pt England School forever.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ana,


    It’s Leslie here, writing to you from Canada where it’s very cold and snowy. Hard for you to imagine, I’m sure! I’m a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I notice that you've posted a good description of how you prepared your own kowhaiwhai. Well done!

    I think you might really enjoy some of the activities in the Summer Learning Journey program because they allow you to be creative too. You can make a poster or picture, write a poem or story, talk about your favourite foods and activities, and share your blog with your classmates who are also participating this summer. Fun!

    There are still 3 full weeks left to participate in the Summer Learning Journey program called “The World Around Us”. Here’s the website address: www.summerlearningjourney.co.nz I hope you’ll take a look and try some of the activities. I’ll look for your postings and write back to you from Canada.

    Meanwhile, have a really happy summer holiday!!

    Leslie


    ReplyDelete